is this a good chouce of real time linux ???

I want to play with realtime linux , am I getting a right choice?

toolkit.
operating system image should appear.

please consider the option of purchasing at least the entry level Klinux Bronze commercial version, which includes a lot of interesting features.

use it in the way you want.
my purpose is get a small motherboard with AMD CPU and with this linux OS, I want to build spray arm or stepper motor controller, make it walk and control via a gigabyte wireless....etc.
developer
"developer" wrote:

Pick up a copy of "Linux for Embedded and Real-time Applications" by Doug Abbott. It was, to me, a great hands-on book on getting a real-time Linux system up.
It is a relatively short book, which is nice if you are in any time crunch.
good luck, Bob Smith
developer wrote:

The other great Linux / robotics book is "Open-Source Robotics and Process Control Cookbook" by Lewin A R W Edwards. It uses AVRs for all the real-time stuff and Linux for communications and "intelligence".
My stereoscopic vision, two wheeled robot will use the approach (and some of the circuits) in this book. His description of stepper and PWM motor controllers is worth the price of the book alone.
Bob