joystick/encoder

I am looking for a joystick/encoder for a production machine.

I am now working with an encoder made by ALPS, which is pretty nice but way too fragile. It does up-down-right-left, encoder for twist motion, and a push-in. It was really intended for automotive use, and has a life of 15,000 cycles. (see eg.

)

I need something like this, except that it needs to be rugged enough to be used by the public - not vandal proof, just rough-hand proof - and can withstand being in a NEMA-3R panel outdoors.

I am looking for quantities of 100, so it does need to be a regular production model.....

I've not had much luck finding sources - any ideas?

TIA,

--Yan

Reply to
Captain Dondo

)

You may want to look for the makers and parts suppliers for arcade games.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Reply to
blueeyedpop

Or just search Google for "industrial joystick".

John Nagle

Reply to
John Nagle