joystick/encoder

I am looking for a joystick/encoder for a production machine.
I am now working with an encoder made by ALPS, which is pretty nice but
way too fragile. It does up-down-right-left, encoder for twist motion, and a push-in. It was really intended for automotive use, and has a life of 15,000 cycles. (see eg. <http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler Ϊta.getPcodes&pcode=ALPS%2BEncoders&pcodenumberh809> )
I need something like this, except that it needs to be rugged enough to be used by the public - not vandal proof, just rough-hand proof - and can withstand being in a NEMA-3R panel outdoors.
I am looking for quantities of 100, so it does need to be a regular production model.....
I've not had much luck finding sources - any ideas?
TIA,
--Yan
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:37:23 -0800, Captain Dondo

You may want to look for the makers and parts suppliers for arcade games.
Add pictures here
βœ–
http://www.chproducts.com /
wrote:

rs&pcodenumberh809> )

be
Add pictures here
βœ–
blueeyedpop wrote:

http://www.etisystems.com/joystickselect.asp
Or just search Google for "industrial joystick".
                John Nagle
Add pictures here
βœ–