Line Following Contest

The Robotics Society of Southern California will be holding a line following competition on Sat. at 1:00. If you are in the Southern California area and interested in amateur robotics this is a great place to meet fellow robot builders.

Directions to the meeting location and contest rules can be found on our web site at:

robotbuilder

thanks for that nice information..

Reply to
abhi

thanks for that nice information..

Reply to
abhi

Up here in Nothern California at the HomeBrew Robotics Club

we have an interesting competition each year that you thatt your club members might find interesting. We call it the TableTop Challenge. It is divided into the following 3 phases:

  1. Have your tabletop robot go from one end of the table to the other without falling off.
  2. Find a cube on the table and shove it off the table. The robot also must not fall off the table.
  3. Find a cube on the table and shove it to a goal at the end of the table. The robot also must not fall off the table.

Each phase is conducted 2 months apart as to give members time to work on their bots to accomplish the tasks. There is no regulation on the cube dimensions nor what is considered a goal. Most people use a shoebox taped to the end of the table but other people have used their imaginations and come up with other configurations. All in all it is a lot of fun and we have a big turnout each year for these challenges. Not that this is a challenge not a competition. I recommend this to clubs and individuals alike.

Randy Hootman - President Modoro - L> The Robotics Society of Southern California will be holding a line following

Reply to
Randall P. Hootman