Linux router as embedded computer for robots

gidesa wrote:

Several of us at the Home Brew Robotics Club (San Jose, CA) have repurposed a Linksys WRTSL54GS router. I'm really busy today, but I'll post a more detailed response in the next couple of days. Here is my notes for bringing one up:
<http://www.hbrobotics.org/wiki/index.php5/WRTSL54GS
In short, it is a Broadcom MIPS chip with a Wi-Fi, 5 Ethernet ports, a USB port, 2 serial ports (need to hack the board to access), some RAM, some FLASH, etc. It runs Linux just fine. Alas, I think they are hard to obtain, so a newer one would have to be hacked to repurpose for a robot.
-Wayne
http://www.jbprojects.net/projects/wifirobot / http://www.google.com/search?q=wifi+router+robot
http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/12/robe-dos-newest-just-add-netbook-robot-kit-for-sale / http://www.google.com/search?q=netbook+robot