Long range light weight radio modem for a small UAV

Can I ask some expert advice to select radio modems to be used in a small UAV (a model airplane infact) ? Desired specs for the radio modem; o Range : 5km (or more) o Weight : Lighter than 150gm o Data rate: 56-115.2K bits/sec o Interface : RS232 (and/or TTL) o Price : Must satisfy budget constraints of five uni students (ie. as low cost as possible) :(

Reply to
<Jeff Rina>

Take a look here

also check sparkfun, although I don't know if they have something that fits your required range.

Padu

Reply to
Padu