Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

Is there any commercially available tiny (to be carried in model airplane) radio modems capable of communicating (full-dublex) at rate of 19200 baud
(or faster) in a radius of up to 5km?
<Nick>

** The ANO that allows R/C aircraft to fly prohibits all out of visual range operation.
What are you planning ?
......... Phil
Attaching a bomb to it and flying straight through your bed-sit flat window. FFS, what difference does it make to you anyway Toaster Boi?

WARNING to all USENET readers:
** Alan Kendall Rutlidge of 15 Ruth Street Northbridge, WA (aka The Arse Bandit ) is a congenital liar.
He has lied through his backside for every day of his whole life.
He first lied to his parents.
He then lied to his teachers.
He the continued lied to Telstra where they sheltered the evil sod for 26 years.
No lie whatever is beneath or beyond him.
Rutlidge is a consummate lair.
There is no-one he will not try to deceive.
Such an individual is an, evil public menace.
......... Phil
YAWN

Alan, how old are you (not chronologically, but mentally). I believe we may see some very small numbers here.

<FFS, what difference does it make to you anyway Toaster Boi?
WARNING to all USENET readers:
** Alan Kendall Rutlidge of 15 Ruth Street Northbridge, WA (aka The Arse Bandit ) is a congenital liar and criminal net stalker.
He has lied through his backside for every day of his whole life.
He first lied to his parents.
He then lied to his teachers.
He the continued lied to Telstra where they sheltered the evil sod for 26 years.
No lie whatever is beneath or beyond him.
Rutlidge is a consummate lair.
There is no-one he will not try to deceive.
Such an individual is an, evil public menace.
........ Phil
YAWN!
Phil, you must be slipping. Taken you about 36 hours to respond to this one - ROFL. Suffering from old timers' disease are you?

Do I sense a little animosity here? :-)
Phil Allison wrote:

No. It's called net-stalking. Cowardly little Phil is just a gutless troll. He makes a habit of posting stuff of a personal nature which is usually 99% bullshit to a disinterested audience. Just ignore him.
Cheers, Alan

Alan Rutlidge wrote:

Can you do the same? Nobody wants to read either side of that exchange.

Depends which ANO, which depends on which country you live in. Judging by the list of newsgroups, the OP lives in Australia and I'm not familiar with their ANO.
You may have difficulty getting that kind of range with a license-free solution. I'd advise checking the local regulations to see if there is a band where they allow you enough power output to get 5km range without a directional antenna. As a rough guess, you'll need the best part of 1W output.
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Could someone explain the acronym ANO?
Thanks! TC

If you promise to post replies below what you are replying to, in order to provide context, I'll tell you it stands for Air Navigation Order - the law of the skies.
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

"Tim Auton"

** How brilliant of you to say that.
The OP is in Australia, so am I and posting on aus.electronics.
From his IP address, he is in Sydney.

** Why are pommies always so keen to boast about their ignorance ??
Is it to justify their infuriating penchant for continually arguing for that same position ??
FYI:
Commonwealth of Australia
Department of Aviation
Air Navigation Orders
Part 95, Section 95.21
re. Model Aircraft
4.1 A model aircraft shall not be flown:
(a) unless visibility permits continuous visual contact by the operator with the aircraft, or
(b) in cloud.
........... Phil
[snip]

Wrong. You are posting on aus.electronics, comp.arch.embedded and comp.robotics.misc.
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

"Tim Auton"

** No - ** I ** am posting on aus.electronics - you pedantic, oversnipping pommy idiot.
........... Phil

Look at the newsgroups line in your newsreader. You may be reading only aus.electronics, but *you* have the choice over where the messages you post are distributed. You can quite easily post replies to this thread which go only to aus.electronics, but through ignorance or incompetence you have failed to do so.
My reply was not specific to Australia, nor was it directed at you. It was a reply intended for the global audience among whom this thread is being distributed. It was intended to be useful to the originator of the thread as well as to other interested readers around the world.
<troll> I can see you're bitter about the ashes, but it's only once ever couple of decades that we get them back. You'll get over it. </troll>
Tim
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

Don't worry, he's mostly a dickhead. The occasional good advice comes out tho, so we keep him around.
-mark
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:38:58 +1000, "mark jb" <nukeleer at internode dot on dot net> wrote:

It does? I never saw any of the good advice, so I've had him filtered for a long time. It would take a *lot* of good advice to compensate.
--
Al Balmer
Balmer Consulting