Tiny 19200 baud 5km radius radio modem

"Tim Auton" = Tim Autistic

** Don't ever dream of telling me what to do - you waste of space pommy prick.

** Here it is again - my words first
" ** The ANO that allows R/C aircraft to fly prohibits all out of visual range operation.
Depends which ANO, which depends on which country you live in. Judging by the list of newsgroups, the OP lives in Australia and I'm not familiar with their ANO. "

** My post was directed straight at the OP who can easily see that I am in Australia, like him.
Hence, the ANO I alluded to was the appropriate one.
OTOH , Mr Tim Autistic - your fucking asinine comment served no purpose but to BOAST about what a pig ignorant wanker you are.
Why are pommy turds like Tim always so keen to boast about their ignorance ??
Is it to justify their infuriating penchant for continually arguing from that same position ??
No surprise that are al loathed world wide.
......... Phil

Looks like it's time for a Group Hug

Close, but no cigar. It's a spectrum disorder, autism is merely one end of it. And yes, I am closer to autism than 'normality' on the Aspergers continuum. I think you intended that as an insult. Am I right?

[snip]
[snip]
Ahh, I see where your confusion comes from. You hit the 'reply to group' button instead of the 'reply by email'. I accept your apology.

I'll have you know I am far from pig-ignorant when it comes to wanking. Since my teens I have been a practitioner of the art. It promotes a sense of peace and well-being, an inner calm.
I suggest you have a nice quiet wank. You'll feel much better.
As much fun as this is, it's late now. I'm off to bed to dream about telling you what to do, Phil.
Lots of love,
Tim, XX
--
You are being watched. This gives you power.

"Tim Auton" = one Vile, Autistic Pommy Shithead

** Nope - just publicly outing yet another one.

** You are the confused one - Mr Autistic.
Permanently confused about everything.

** Just keep it in private - OK .
No need to make a mess all over usenet.
........... Phil
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:39:55 +1000, "Phil Allison"

And where are you from Phil? Where is your family line imported from?

Phil was created. Look on the crown of his head to see 3 small 6's.
WARNING: To all aus.electronics readers !!!
Alan Rutlidge is a Criminal Lunatic
Alan Kendall Rutlidge of 15 Ruth Street Northbridge, WA (aka The Arse Bandit Fuckwit ) is a congenital, scumbag liar.
He has lied through his backside for every day of his whole life.
He first lied to his parents about his perversions.
He then lied to his teachers about the same thing.
He then continued lying to Telstra where they sheltered the evil sod for 26 years. But the guys around him knew what he was.
No lie whatever is beneath or beyond him.
Rutlidge is a consummate and fluent liar.
There is no-one he will not try to deceive.
Such an individual is an evil public menace.
......... Phil
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Phil Allison wrote:

Get off your high horse. The post was cross posted to multiple newsgroups and I for one did not notice it had gone to aus.electronics until it was pointed out.

Let's try to keep this friendly shall we or else retrict your posts to aus.electronics
Regards Sergio Masci
http://www.xcprod.com/titan/XCSB - optimising PIC compiler FREE for personal non-commercial use
Sergio Masci wrote:

It is funny, but only in small doses.

On Thursday, in article

There are lots of things capable of many things, however what is IMPORTANT to know is
What country? This affects whether it is even legal to transmit at a suitable power level in that country for the distance or even enough bandwidth and modulation schemes for that baud rate.
Why 5km? As most countries have regulations about line of sight to model airplane that are radio controlled.
Why full duplex? You may be operating in bands that don't permit that for model aircraft.
--
Paul Carpenter | snipped-for-privacy@pcserviceselectronics.co.uk

It may be that I live where there are very few trees, but I can see 5Km on any given day. Is there an actual distance limit in the U.S.
Brent S.
there appear to be radio modems on the license exempt 433MHz band which use 20-20mw. a search will produce lots of these products. if you have a directional aerial on the ground and a proper antenna on the other device, you will get the range if it is line of sight.
i suggest that higher power could be used for the tx uplink where power considerations are less severe and a different frequency where interference is reduced to the plane.
note: lipd power limits are higher for some other freqs
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:47:06 +1000, <Nick> wrote:

For full duplex operation, you need two separate frequencies, one for uplink and the other for downlink. If you intend to put these frequencies on the same frequency band, you need very good filters to keep away the transmitter power from receiver. For sufficient selectivity, some form of cavity resonators would have to be used, which would be far too heavy for model airplane.
I would suggest using the aircraft control frequency (typically around 40 MHz depending on country) for uplink and perhaps 27 MHz or 2450 MHz for downlink, if it is allowed to operate airborne transmitters at these frequencies in your country.
Paul
On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:47:06 +1000, <Nick> wrote:

Check out the Xtream series of radio modems from MaxStream. http://www.maxstream.net

airplane)
I wonder whether you could hack a 900Mhz or 2.4Gig cordless phone. They work for a couple of km. No doubt, if you have them transmitting up in the sky, their range will be much better than on the ground.
Is this for a UAV project?