drive dc motor with R-2R ladder and PIC

Can i connect directly PIC with a R-2R ladder and then drive a dc motor, that need +-12V 500mA supply? I put a OA between R-2R ladder and dc motor so i can obtain 12V and -12V
from 0-5Vdc.
best regards thanks
El Cifi wrote:

PIC > R-2R ladder giving analog 0..5V > amplifier -12V..12V. It'll work, but not be very efficient with most amplifiers. If it was a class D (switching) amplifier efficiency would be better. Still a power supply hastle unless the amp has differential power output.

If you don't need speed control, you could use a TIP120 to drive the motor. If you need speed control, you could use an H-bridge like the L293, L298 or LMD18200 (my favorite).
BRW