Mouse encoder and Linux kernel 2.6

If anyone is trying to use the mouse encoder I described on on my website (www.linuxpcrobot.org) with version 2.6.x of the Linux kernel, be warned
that there is an issue with the /dev/psaux. It seems they have virtualized the mouse. On my first pass, acceleration is not explicitly setup and it seems it is at the the state the mouse puts it in after reset.
When I find the correct settings, I will post configuration settings on my site. (or new device driver if nessisary)
mlw wrote:

Well, it looks as though the virtualization was a problem for a lot of people. Starting with more up to date versions of 2.6, there is a "serio_raw" driver that allows raw access to the i8042 keyboard and aux driver.
I'm working out the kinks and will post new source code on www.linuxpcrobot.org when it is stable.