Mouse encoder and Linux kernel 2.6

If anyone is trying to use the mouse encoder I described on on my website

with version 2.6.x of the Linux kernel, be warned that there is an issue with the /dev/psaux. It seems they have virtualized the mouse. On my first pass, acceleration is not explicitly setup and it seems it is at the the state the mouse puts it in after reset.

When I find the correct settings, I will post configuration settings on my site. (or new device driver if nessisary)

Reply to
mlw

Well, it looks as though the virtualization was a problem for a lot of people. Starting with more up to date versions of 2.6, there is a "serio_raw" driver that allows raw access to the i8042 keyboard and aux driver.

I'm working out the kinks and will post new source code on

when it is stable.

Reply to
mlw