off topic: use laptop's screen for desktop PC ?

This is kinda off topic but it applies in my situation, anyway, so here goes.
These days I use a laptop for my main machine (might be replacing it soon). To that end I got rid of my old Nec 17" monster of a monitor recently when I moved because I only used it for a couple of old klunkers that I use occasionally and are now in a closet. Now, I am aware of remote desktop software like VNC, etc. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of gizmo that lets you use a laptop's screen as the monitor for a separate PC? My other option is a cheap older monitor or cheapo LCD. Both of those are acceptable and probably as cheap as any gizmo that might do what I am talking about, but I have yet to find on the net.
Does anyone know of one ?
Thanks ! JCD
On Tue, 2 Jan 2007 23:30:47 -0500, "Pogo"
that end I got rid of my old Nec 17" monster of a monitor recently when I moved because I only used it for a couple of old klunkers that I use occasionally and are now in a closet. Now, I am aware of remote desktop software like VNC, etc. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of gizmo that lets you use a laptop's screen as the monitor for a separate PC? My other option is a cheap older monitor or cheapo LCD. Both of those are acceptable and probably as cheap as any gizmo that might do what I am talking about, but I have yet to find on the net.
http://www.maxivista.com /
Later, Jon
-------------------------------------------------------------- Jon Hylands snipped-for-privacy@huv.com http://www.huv.com/jon
Project: Micro Raptor (Small Biped Velociraptor Robot) http://www.huv.com/blog

Pretty cool. Almost what I want! The microraptor is awesome! Can't wait to see the real thing !