off topic: use laptop's screen for desktop PC ?

This is kinda off topic but it applies in my situation, anyway, so here = goes.

These days I use a laptop for my main machine (might be replacing it = soon). To that end I got rid of my old Nec 17" monster of a monitor = recently when I moved because I only used it for a couple of old = klunkers that I use occasionally and are now in a closet. Now, I am = aware of remote desktop software like VNC, etc. But I was wondering if = anyone knows of any kind of gizmo that lets you use a laptop's screen as = the monitor for a separate PC? My other option is a cheap older monitor = or cheapo LCD. Both of those are acceptable and probably as cheap as any = gizmo that might do what I am talking about, but I have yet to find on = the net.

Does anyone know of one ?

Thanks ! JCD

Reply to
Pogo

that end I got rid of my old Nec 17" monster of a monitor recently when I moved because I only used it for a couple of old klunkers that I use occasionally and are now in a closet. Now, I am aware of remote desktop software like VNC, etc. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any kind of gizmo that lets you use a laptop's screen as the monitor for a separate PC? My other option is a cheap older monitor or cheapo LCD. Both of those are acceptable and probably as cheap as any gizmo that might do what I am talking about, but I have yet to find on the net.

Later, Jon

Project: Micro Raptor (Small Biped Velociraptor Robot)

Jon Hylands

soon). To that end I got rid of my old Nec 17" monster of a monitor = recently when I moved because I only used it for a couple of old = klunkers that I use occasionally and are now in a closet. Now, I am = aware of remote desktop software like VNC, etc. But I was wondering if = anyone knows of any kind of gizmo that lets you use a laptop's screen as = the monitor for a separate PC? My other option is a cheap older monitor = or cheapo LCD. Both of those are acceptable and probably as cheap as any = gizmo that might do what I am talking about, but I have yet to find on = the net.

Pretty cool. Almost what I want! The microraptor is awesome! Can't wait to see the real thing !

Reply to
Pogo