Proximity sensor

How can I develop a simple proximity sensor that will return the
distance to the nearest object? Because IR proximity sensors are not
available in India...
Reply to
arunr.iyer
I live in a country where these sort of parts are difficult to buy locally. Why not order your sensor on-line and get it delivered. Its that easy. Making a sensor to report distance will require parts that you will probably need to import anyway.
Ian
Reply to
Ian Drennan
Proximity sensor with analog output. Voltage output varies with Distance. Electronics circuit can be setup to read in the voltage, which will convert them to distance.
I hope this answer your question.
-- Best Regards, Lim Siong Boon
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.sg

News
We have shipped the MaxSonar-EZ1 to India. Express mail takes about one week. We sell an analog output ultrasonic range finer.

Bob (Robot Wars Thumper 1997)