Simple Color Sensor?

I notice that TAOS has a couple of inexpensive color sensor chips, the TSLx257 and TSL230. Does anyone know where I can purchase just the chips, in
small quantities (<20)? I notice the '230 is available at Parallax, but only as part of a larger $79 demo board.
Thanks...

A year or so ago, I talked with Taos about their products. At the time you could only get them thru 1 or 2 distributors, and in quantities of 40-50 minimum. Not the best, if mainly what you want to do is to hack something. Alternatively, you might try talking Taos into giving you a sample.
- dan michaels, www.oricomtech.com ==========================