Sensor Design

Dear Robotic Engineers: I would like to develop a small, wireless, light sensor activated transmitter and corresponding receiver which would allow one light to
mimic the behavior of another (on/off, get brighter, dimmer, flash, etc). I am unsure who to contact for assistance in designing such a circuit and hoped that you might be able to provide me with some contacts. I would be willing to pay for the help. Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Robert T. Hosking snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
Copy cat light.. sounds neat.
You should specify a bit more about the requirements. Don't worry about the how, just the what.
Requirements list:
Light bulb A mimics the activity of Light Bulb B
No wires between A and B
A is always in line of sight of B (I made this one up. I think its what you meant)
A and B are stationary
Given the above requirements. We have lots of options
1) A well trained monkey could be installed near Light A and could run the switches when he sees light B change
2) Using a photo sensitive sensor pointed at light B to operate electronic "switches" of light A.
3) A wireless transmitter is installed to detect the state of light B and a receiver on Light A causes the same things to happen on light A.
4) .
Ok, now have fun.
i like the monkey idea. any idea where i can buy one? does Gordon sell them?