Sensor Design

Dear Robotic Engineers: I would like to develop a small, wireless, light sensor activated transmitter and corresponding receiver which would allow one light to mimic the behavior of another (on/off, get brighter, dimmer, flash, etc). I am unsure who to contact for assistance in designing such a circuit and hoped that you might be able to provide me with some contacts. I would be willing to pay for the help. Thank you for any assistance you can provide. Robert T. Hosking snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
Robert

Copy cat light.. sounds neat.

You should specify a bit more about the requirements. Don't worry about the how, just the what.

Requirements list:

Light bulb A mimics the activity of Light Bulb B

No wires between A and B

A is always in line of sight of B (I made this one up. I think its what you meant)

A and B are stationary

Given the above requirements. We have lots of options

1) A well trained monkey could be installed near Light A and could run the switches when he sees light B change

2) Using a photo sensitive sensor pointed at light B to operate electronic "switches" of light A.

3) A wireless transmitter is installed to detect the state of light B and a receiver on Light A causes the same things to happen on light A.

4) .

Ok, now have fun.

Reply to
danscott

i like the monkey idea. any idea where i can buy one? does Gordon sell them?

Reply to
Luke Smith