Re: telluride + robots

says...

Ah so, the universities give them funds to go and spend 2 weeks in the mountains, and then all they really do is play ... in the guise of getting massive amounts of research done. What a deal. The only thing better would be to schedule it during ski season, say what. :)
snipped-for-privacy@oricomtech.com says...

Heh - I'm sure they'd like that, but I do believe that there's outside funding that makes this happen. The school is a pretty good set up, Telluride's fairly well located between major universities, and they get a killer deal on off-season housing.
Besides, you ever see how active an East/West Coast University academic is when they're jacked up to 9,000 feet? They're not good for much else besides thinking! ;>
Regards, Dave