Robots in MA?

Are there any robot makers in MA? Any clubs?

I'm in MA and from what I can tell there are a few of us. You would think with MIT there would be many, but that is not the case. I was considering starting an UAV group a while back.
--
Shawn

"mlw" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.no> wrote in message
I am in Waltham. I asked this question long time ago without success. Closest club is in NH http://nashuarobotbuilders.org / Move to CA where all technology is :-( Let me know if anybody has ideas of getting together in MA by any means: meeting/ email/ club.
Ek
I've also been surprised that there isn't an active robotics group in Massachusets. My guess is that all the people who would be interested already get enough of the stuff at their jobs and schools. Maybe they don't have any energy left over for an enthusiast's group.
Anyway, there is also the Connecticut Robotics Society, which meets in Hartford... kind of a long trek from Waltham, but not too far if you're in the Springfield area. See http://www.ctrobots.org
I wondering if there might be some opportunity to cross polinate robot interests with some of the machining enthusiasts. For example, right in Waltham, there is a group called the "New England Model Engineering Society" that looks pretty active. http://www.neme-s.org/index.htm
Have you been to the Charles River Museaum of Industry? I was wondering whether it might be worth a visit next time I'm up in Waltham. Gary
Ek wrote:

in NH

means:
Hartford is interesting idea to visit once. I found "Radio..." society in Waltham, but as far as I understand they mostly exchange radio parts by radio. I visited only aquarium. That's all my experience in Boston. Charles River Museum? Why not. Have you been to MIT one? I am plannnning.
snipped-for-privacy@stEopbEy.net - remove E(s)

Chelmsford here... not building anything but high interest level
Braintree here. Several robots built. Actively engaged in microcontroller and software integration research in the embedded / robotics domain. Would welcome contact from other MA roboticists (is that a real word?) with a view to discussions, meetings, idea sharing and/or forming an interest group. -Pete.
--
+
| http://home.comcast.net/~pete.gray /
-
"TC" < snipped-for-privacy@noplace.com> wrote in message
Pete Gray wrote:

Do you think there is enough to form a Mass Robotics club?

I don't see why not. Half a dozen people have expressed an interest in less than 24 hours. We're almost a club/society/interest group/collective entity already.

Here's a starting point...
I believe I've set the group controls sufficiently to help avoid spammers. Let's see if folks are interested.
-Pete.
Thanks Pete!