Seeking Part-potentiometer

I'm trying to find parts for a robot I saw in Servo Magazine. It's described as a 4.55 k potentiomenter with a 1/8" diameter and 5/8" length shaft. I've tried everything I know to find this part with no luck, including emailing the author of the robot plans. Any help finding this part would be GREATLY appreciated.

Richard

Reply to
Richard A.
4.55kohm pot? I looked in my copies of servo magazine and didn't see that were depicted anywhere (but I didn't look all that hard though). I think only Hewlett Packard would have used a odd value like that. You should be able to substitute A 5k pot with no problems. Now for a 5k pot, you should be able to get something from
here is a catalogue page which shows some candidates.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

THanks for your time Earl. You're not the only one that has found that odd. If you are interested, it's on the parts list in the November 2003 issue page 44. I'll try out the 5 k you suggested. I've got nothing to lose since I already have the other parts.

Richard

Reply to
Richard A.

I see it now, beats me where he got them at. Since this is a general chassis discussion how to article. You should be able to substitute most any pot actually. it's all in the software. You could even make the hole larger on the rear leg and use 1/4" shaft pots too.

5k pots should work well for this.

Earl Bollinger

Thanks again. I'm new to electronics so this is all foreign to me. The pot is the last part I need to find. I'm glad to hear a substitution will work (with the noted mod).

Richard

Reply to
Richard A.

Oh, I also substitued a 220 pf capacitor for a 200 pf capacitor. Any idea if this will work?

Reply to
Richard A.

Reply to
Earl Bollinger

Great, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I just might get this project going this year. Thanks for the help.

Richard

Reply to
Richard A.