Strong ARM, Digital Shark

I have a couple DEC StrongARM processor based thin clients, they are pretty old, but the still boot. They network boot NetBSD.
I was wondering, and is it worth it, to port/move the motor PID control system (See PID controller on http://www.linuxpcrobot.org) and slow I/O to one of these boxes and use the EPIA for higher level stuff?
I think netbsd will work well enough, I could replace the WAP with a wireless router (Real cheap these days) and have the EPIA provide a DHCP and tftp boot server.
The sharks are fairly low power, self contained, and run on 5V. Bonus, I have a couple lying around. So, cost to me, $0.00
mlw wrote:

I have used older versions of NetBSD on VME crates and MicroVaxen. It works pretty reliably and the code is about as readable as any kernel code ever is.
Good Luck, Bob

arm linux like that used on the gumstix should also work