Seeking camera modules

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a supplier of digital monochrome (M3088, M4088) camera modules, in North America? How about color ones? These seem to be getting harder and harder to find...

I'm talking about modules like this one:

(UK)

Thanks! Donald Dansereau

Don

Hi Donald :-)

If you Google for M3088 OV6620 you'll find my source:

Sorry I didn't get back to you over email.

Regards, John O.

D> Hi all,

Reply to
john.orlando

Thanks John!

electronics123 carry the color modules, and an evaluation board for the monochrome M4088, but not the M4088 itself. If I have to I'll just use the C3088 in monochrome mode, but I'd really like to find a digital out monochrome camera - of course making the assumption that it would be cheaper than the color version (otherwise why would I bother?) ; )

Regards, Don

Don

And their site says there is no stock...

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Leaving one to infer... that they're no longer available, anywhere? I haven't found anywhere that still carries them. Are they still being made?

Don

Reply to
Don

No sign of the camera chip (OmniVision's CMOS image sensor OV5017) in their 2005 cat:-

Geo

Reply to
Geo

Indeed, it would appear I'm out of luck for the M4088.

Can anyone recommend a digital-output monochrome camera?

Reply to
Don

How about the Atmel AT76C451BC-MY15AT "Eye-On-Si" units. Has anyone played with one of these? Can they be purchased by us mere mortals?

Reply to
Don