Modern Image 0 Gauge Track - UK

Hi all, I'm making a comeback to modelling after about 20 years, and finaly taking the leap into 0 Gauge after many years of N and 00. I've manged to negotiate some space with The Authorities and designed what I want to build (Frome North as it could have been... I used to be a Guard at Westbury and a signalman at Witham) using the excellent Templot. It's really nice to see so much 0 gauge stuff available for modern image now, there was virtually nothing when I last looked all that time ago. However, I've hit the blocks..... flat bottom rail track components. I can't find a single supplier who has all the 0 guage Peco Individulay parts in stock, or for that matter even lists them all! C&L don't seem to cater for modern image at all. Does anyone know where I can get it all from, in one go? Are there other suppliers? Help!

On another issue - colour light signals. As far as I can make out Roger Murray is the only supplier of correct UK 0 gauge signals, but his site seems to have disappeared. Does anyone know if it has moved?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

BeamEnds wrote in news:1179602714.232253.7860 @w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

There is a very regular poster here who owns a shop up in the wilds of East Yorkshire who very recently aquired for me and dispatched to me - within days a whole range of stuff - including PECO that he did not normally hold as stock items ... all at a price SWMBO did not cavail at.

I'm sure that if it's available he'd be able to assist, google the archieves to guess who ... the only reason I don't name him is that there are a few suppliers who post here and for all I know they're as good as him but who's services I've never used so I wouldn't like to come across as being unfair.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

I'd like to second your comments about this said supplier, whose service IMNSHO is second to none.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

And he gets stuff to me in the US of f A quicker than anyone! Not that I know who your talking about, of course................

Reply to
Rob Kemp

Found this about Roger Murray on a forum site although I cannot vouch for the accuracy : "Roger Murray has closed their website and is no longer updating or renewing their ecommerce website Sales will continue via Mail Order and magazines. They are also now selling on eBay UK, through ID : JennyNice."

and this:

" Roger Murray is now back up to full speed It is shame the website has been dumped, even if it was simply as a reference guide / catalogue All orders are via telephone only now"

There was some suggestion that this was all due to illness.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Thanks for that. Being in on-line retailing, whith a shop too, I find the modelling worlds lack of exploitation of the web most odd. For my sins I work 6 and often 7 days a week and have no chance to go to shops or visit shows. I've actually failed to spend =A3200 this weekend! Looks like the layout will have semaphore signals then, if I can get any track.....

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

I am retired and have time for shows and the web. Although I am struggling to find a web site that displays and sells backscenes from Townscenes (perhaps someone will see this and send me a link). Good luck with your search.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hi Richard,

I would strongly recommend joining the 7mm email group:

500 friendly and knowledgeable members eager to help you join the fun.

Price please for a timing-belt kit for my 200tdi. :-)

regards,

Martin.

------------------------

Martin Wynne

OK! Assuming it's a Discovery...

ETC8550 Timing Belt - 200Tdi =A314.28 inc VAT ERR1195 Timing Cover Gasket - 200Tdi - Discovery I =A32.50 inc VAT ERR388 Water Pump Gasket - Discovery I/Range Rover Classic - 200Tdi =A30.34 inc VAT Courier =A34.75

I'll join that group..........

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Hi Richard,

  1. Does it make a difference?

And I'll get on your web site......

cheers,

Martin.

-----------------------

Martin Wynne

It does - different gaskets ERR1553 & ERC5655

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

Some one who gives what you consider good service should always be named. If others give the same level of service, some of their customers ought to jump in & promote them in the same manner.

It is a waste to tell people to google the archive, they might pick the wrong one to who you actually mean - which IMHO rather defeats the object.

Reply to
Kevin Martin

The suspense is killing me, who the hell is it?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

FFS it's John Turner at 53A Models.

Disclaimer - other model shops are available.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@skynet.waggs:

I could hardly have made it more obvious and as John doesn't like to advertise here per se I thought I'd follow his lead.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Yes but he's one of these 'one man bands' like Branchlines that dont have on-line ordering facilities. So you may want to resort to the old fashioned phone. May result in a chat with you receiving useful advice and an offer to post immediately so parcel can arrive next day.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon