Going 0 gauge

I am seriously thinking of going to O gauge from OO. I was at the New Mills and District Railway Modellers exhabition last weekend and saw O gauge track being made. I think that I'd want to go that way using C&L components. The question is where should I be looking to buy a track gauge and components. Any other advice on starting in O guage would be greatfully received.

regards

DaveC.

Reply to
davec.hh

On 26/02/2007 18:46, davec.hh said,

Er, C&L?

for more info.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

My best advice would be to ring your credit card company and get them to increase your card limit immediately.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote

That's a misconception. O-gauge can be as cheap or as expensive as any individual chooses.

Many OO-scale R-T-R locos are now nudging GBP100.00 and yet you can source O-gauge loco kits for less than that if you look around carefully, or you can scratch-build at even lower cost.

Also bear in mind that in any given area you need fewer items of O-gauge to reach saturation point.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I saw a rough calculation some time ago that came to the conclusion that a model railway costs about the same per square foot regardless of scale. The point was that how much it costs appears to depend more on how much stuff you cram into the available space. IOW, modelling style has more to do with it than modelling scale.

I've noticed that if you're not careful, all that incidental scenic detail can end costing a good deal more than the trains... :-)

-- Wolf

"Don't believe everything you think." (Maxine)

Reply to
Wolf

And there was me thinking the total spent related to my credit card limit!

Regards, Greg.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Dave For the track parts look at the C&L website

Join the Gauge O guild, the magazine has adverts for most of the suppliers.
Join the 7mm group on Yahoo, lots of very helpful people.

Start saving because there will many items that you must have!

Martin

Reply to
MudMuppet

A bit like Changing to 7mm because of failing eyesight, then adding all the fine detail that you could no see in the smaller scale

Reply to
Trev

suppliers.http://www.gauge0guild.com/>

Thanks for the advice. I've looked on yahoo and can't find a 7 mm group amongst the 16 the search picks up. Does it still exist?

Reply to
davec.hh

Certainly does:

One of the most helpful and friendly Yahoo groups you could wish for.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Wynne

"davec.hh" wrote