(Plug) Modern Image Exhibition

MIGO+1 is a modern Image gauge O and gauge 1 group, This year we are holding our 3rd annual exhibition and is to be held in Chester on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th October, All the details are available on

Special guest on Saturday Pete Waterman.

Reply to
Mike

Mike wrote:-

This is a sore point with me. I tried to phone Bachmann all day with the intention of buying the limited edition Waterman Class 20 but couldn't get through. Nor were they accepting ringback requests. When I finally got through first thing next morning I was told every model had been sold. A friend thinks it was a 'put up job' and that they sold the whole lot to a single buyer but since no one here complained I must assume I was simply unlucky.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I wasn't aware that Bachmann were selling an O gauge 20 in Waterman livery! Perhaps you mean the OO gauge version which was intended as a gift to retailers and not for general sale, although some were made available as competition prizes (one competition was in association with the ICRS).

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

John Lancaster wrote:-

300 were sold by special telephone line to members of the Bachmann Collectors Club at £52 each. The limit was one locomotive per member. Since then they have started to turn up on eBay at £150. The suspicion is that some enterprising dealer got through early in the morning and said:- "Look, rather than you do all that work, how about I take the whole batch off your hands in one go and then you can have the rest of the day off?".

(kim)

Reply to
kim

From the price I assume you mean the OO gauge model (which doesn't really hold any relevance to the original subject of this thread). JT, have you heard about this?

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"John Lancaster" wrote

Indeed. I have one of the black Waterman class 20s and very nice it is too. I'd sell it but the wife says we're not desperate for the money and insists that it stays in my pension fund. :-)

500 of the models were produced by Bachmann as *free gifts* for dealers attending last years Toy Fair (which is how I got mine) with those that remained being offered to members of the Bachmann Collectors' Club (at standard class 20 RRP) but limited to one per member.

I know one member who tried desperately & repeatedly to get one, but failed to get through to Bachmann because the lines were busy. He then travelled to France and made one last, successful attempt to get through on his mobile and was able to secure one of the last examples.

Any tale of them being moved en-bloc to a single dealer is totally false.

John.

Reply to
John Turner