nylon gears

Anyone know of a UK supplier of large (108T) nylon 1 mod gears?

thanks, Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Fawcett

Adrian,

If you can use Delrin then HPC have a full range in 1 mod.

Muffett produce moulded gears which might suit you, and I believe they also do a Delrin version of their standard gear ranges.

I've dealt with both companies and they are very good with quick deliveries, and they answer their emails quite promptly :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Sorry, Adrian, I didn't really answer your question about a gear with a specific number of teeth. I've got the catalogies of the two companies, but they are at home and I won't get at them until the weekend.

However, the closest Muffet quote in their online catalogue is a 100T gearwheel in their regular range. HPC don't have an online catalogue as such, so I'll have to wait until Saturday to check.

But both companies will do bespoke gear cutting to your spec. Obviously it will cost a bit more than their regular range but might not be too outrageous since they all seem to use CNC methods these days.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Thanks for the info. I'll drop a line to HPC. Possibly I meant Delrin when I said nylon - how are its properties different?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Fawcett

Try here:

Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove