term for a wheel with an attached gear or pulley ?

Is there a term for a wheel with an attached gear or pulley ? I Googled "gear wheel" and "geared wheel" but that doesn't seem to be it.
Thanks! JCD
Pogo wrote:

on an auto, you would call it a flywheel. is this what you are after?
Don...
--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
On May 26, 12:23 pm, "Pogo"

Might you be thinking of driven wheel? Not exact in meaning but close.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drive_wheel
-- Caution:Objects in mirror are more confused than they appear. www.newmicros.com Randy M. Dumse

Thanks Randy. Yep - I think "drive wheel" is probably the right term.
In my original post, I should have specified that I meant a wheel that touched the ground and transferred power to that wheel through an attached gear/pulley. So I guess "drive wheel" is it. Still, I was thinking that there is a term for differentiating between a wheel that is attached directly to a pulley/gear vs. one that is attached to a power source through an axle. The whole point of my quest for this term is to make searching on the net for such items easier.
Anyway - thanks ! JCD
Google "sprocket wheel" this might be waht you're looking for.
wrote:

Thanks Randy. Yep - I think "drive wheel" is probably the right term.
In my original post, I should have specified that I meant a wheel that touched the ground and transferred power to that wheel through an attached gear/pulley. So I guess "drive wheel" is it. Still, I was thinking that there is a term for differentiating between a wheel that is attached directly to a pulley/gear vs. one that is attached to a power source through an axle. The whole point of my quest for this term is to make searching on the net for such items easier.
Anyway - thanks ! JCD

Not based on *my* understanding of what a flywheel is used for. I was looking for a term to describe a wheel that touches the ground, and moves the (in this case) robot about. Power gets transferred to it by means of a gear or pulley attached directly to that wheel, instead of a wheel that is attached directly to a motor shaft.
But, anyway, its a good try at getting me more educated! :) Thanks! JCD

It's only a flywheel if the point is that its heavy. I think he wants some sort of driven wheel.

I doubt there is an official term for this. But here are are some ideas, "Direct drive wheel motor", "Locally driven wheel", "Distributed power driven wheels", (substitute "pulley" where appropriate) "Individually driven wheels" and "Motorized wheels".
Just some ideas, but there are too many combinations of parts, IMO, to have special names for every combination of an actuator of some kind coupled with a gear, wheel, pulley, flywheel, shaft, gear reduction system, lever, fulcrum, coupling, spring drive, sprocket, valve, cam, etc. See what I mean?
There are a few specialty combinations, but I think you just have to make it part of your description. Think of how many things you could attach to a motor shaft that could be termed a "wheel" (besides what you actually have in mind for your project) and you can see that the term is still too general to have a meaningful name, IMO.
Just my 2 cents.
Roboexperience (Robo)