Ultrasonic Detector

I have been playing around with a pair of 40kHz ultrasonic detectors to
detect objects around the 6inch, (150mm) range for my robot but are having
problems in doing so. Does any one know of a good working circuit who would
email me a copy.
Thanks, Don
Reply to
DON
I have a 4-channel circuit on my modified Cybot robot Cy-Q. It only has a few simple parts but uses the on-board comparator of the microcontroller. You could use an external comparator of course. Download the full Cy-Q diagram from the robots page of my web site at
. The teaching page has a tutorial on basic sonar with some suggestions for the form of the software to drive the sonar. The minimum detection range is about 10cm, the maximum about 150cm. Distance measurement resolution is theoretically less than 1mm.
Bill Marshall
Reply to
Bill Marshall
Hi Don, there are several sites on the web with schematics. I have some links on the following page. Also, some bat detector links.

have fun, - dan michaels ===========================
Reply to
dan michaels