VEX Robotics sprocket & chain problem

Does anyone know how to shorten one of these chains?
I am building a small robot (less than 22 cm diameter) and am also
limited in height (22 cm.) I'd live to use a sprocket and chain but would have to shorten the preassembled chain that comes with the robot (or obtain some other form of chain.) Does anyone have any insights that might be helpful? I simply have no idea how to approach or solve this.
Thanks
    --Well if it's conventional roller chain it's a snap and parts will be available from a bearing supply house. If not, well, you first want to identify the type of chain that it is, then maybe check with Stock Drive Products or Small Parts Inc or someone like that to find components..
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Are you prepared to
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : obey the Noodly Master??
< snipped-for-privacy@greenvalleyschool.com> wrote in message
Thanks, Richard. It worked like a charm!