Washing Machine Motor

Hi Guys, I have (here in New Zealand" a washing machine motor that according to this "News Archive" http://www.mail-archive.com/ snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com/msg00017.html is a
12volt motor. They are using it as a "Generator" Originally the washing machine had several wash cycles and various spin cycles for different clothing. It is a GEC motor and I have googled but can't find any info. it is externally commutated. I think this motor could be used to drive a Robot. What think you? Jack