O T Washing machine filter

Sorry for the O T, but if it's abvailable, I know I can find it here. I'm told that someone makes a filter that connects to the inlet side of a washing machine with hose fittings on both sides so that you just get an extra hose, hang it on the wall, and run a hose to it and another out the other side. If anyone knows where I can find one I'll appreciate it.

Thamks, Walt

Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy

Is it a filter which treats the water to somehow make it more amenable to washing clothes, or is it just something to strain out particuate matter which might clog up the machine's water inlet solenoid valves?

But, your saying "an" and "another" (implying one) extra hose puzzles me, as most washing machines I've seen draw from both hot and cold sources.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Walt, I had a problem with sand plugging the tiny screen in the cold water supply line. I found an small irrigation filter that works great. It is made by Raindrip and it has been on the washer for about

8 years now with great results. If you go to the website, click on products; accessories; filters. I have the same 3/4" Y filter that is pictured. Raindrip also has a dealer locator on their page. Good luck, Jim
Reply to
Jim & Hils

That sounds good to me. I was gonna suggest getting a suitable in-line filter and putting a couple of male hose adaptors:

onto it.

Being a city dweller I was suprised to learn that "washing machine filter" Googled up scads of references to filters for the DRAINAGE side of washing machines.

It appears that lint from clothes washing is ungood for septic systems, so filters are used there to keep such stuff from going down the drain.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Beiung a country dweller I would never think of plumbing the washing machine drain into the septic tank, it goes out into the yard to water the grapes & flowers.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Reply to
E. Walter Le Roy