20 amp 2 pole breaker powering washing machine and kitchen outlets

I have a 2 pole 20 amp breaker that I though went straight to my washing machine in the garage, but upon tripping it I see my fridge
and a couple 20 amp outlets in the kitchen go out too. I am wondering if it is possible that someone has wired one side of the breaker to go to the kitchen and one side to my washing machine. If so, what would be the best way to tell? Thanks

Yes they wired one side to the kitchen and the other side to the washer. It's done this way when a common neutral is used as with 12-3 wire.

Ok cool, so would it be a problem to run a 120v spa off the washer circuit? There is a 120v 20amp outlet with 12-2 wire coming off the the washer outlet about 5 feet down the wall that I put a GFCI in and plan to use that for the spa without the washer running of course till I can get a designated 120v for the spa. I would probly trip the GFCI before running the washer each time which may be twice a week or just unplug the spa.

Functionally that will work, it is however a violation of the (NEC) National Electrical Code. According to the code, the washer outlet is to be dedicated with no other loads attached to the circuit. The washer outlet itself is also supposed to be a GFI, but if your's was installed more than 12 (or so) years ago, it's grandfathered as far as the outlet needing to be a GFI. Also, I wouldn't recommend tripping the GFI that often, you'll wear it out prematurely. They're only designed to be tested (tripped) once per month.