Workshops For Building Robots

Hi,

I am putting together a workshop to build robots.

So help me spend my money ;

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

Any suggestions or recommendations for workshop layouts, equipment or ???? ?

Anything you have done or used that didn't work out well?

Thanks

TMT

Reply to
Too_Many_Tools

I built an electronics workbench for my indoor office, and I built a big workbench in the garage for rougher work. Inside, I have a soldering iron and accesories, a couple breadboards for experimentation, little trays of various IC's, wires, LEDs and other parts. I have overhead lighting and I am going to get one of those overhead lighted magnifying glasses on a swing arm for closeup work. Someday I'd like an occiliscope, but they're expensive. I have a PC with Linux OS on it for software development and interfacing to components. Outside I have lots of various hand and power tools. I want to buy a drill press and a reciprocal table saw eventually. Here's some pics:

Electronics workbench pics:

Garage Workbench pics:

Dan Hartshorn