Workshops For Building Robots

Hi,
I am putting together a workshop to build robots.
So help me spend my money ;<).
I would be interested in what tools (brands and models) you use to
build your robots.
I would consider that this would range from woodworking to metalworking to electronics test equipment...to start with. ;<)
I would also be interested in how your workshop is laid out.
Links to pictures and lists would be great.
Thanks for any and all suggestions and comments.
TMT
Any suggestions or recommendations for workshop layouts, equipment or ???? ?
Anything you have done or used that didn't work out well?
Thanks
TMT
too_many snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Too_Many_Tools) wrote in message

too_many snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Too_Many_Tools) wrote in message

I built an electronics workbench for my indoor office, and I built a big workbench in the garage for rougher work. Inside, I have a soldering iron and accesories, a couple breadboards for experimentation, little trays of various IC's, wires, LEDs and other parts. I have overhead lighting and I am going to get one of those overhead lighted magnifying glasses on a swing arm for closeup work. Someday I'd like an occiliscope, but they're expensive. I have a PC with Linux OS on it for software development and interfacing to components. Outside I have lots of various hand and power tools. I want to buy a drill press and a reciprocal table saw eventually. Here's some pics:
Electronics workbench pics: http://www.ourbox.org/pa/pics.php3?event_id 5&pic_group=Electronics%20Workbench
Garage Workbench pics: http://www.ourbox.org/pa/pics.php3?event_id 5&pic_group=Garage%20Workbench