Subject Author Posted Replies

robotic sensor for green line detection
I want to build a simple mobile robot which can follow the green line (the floor is white). what kind of sensor is well apply with this task by condition that the light will can change by environment...
4
4

RoboHockey Completed
We wanted to thank you all for your help with our Senior Design RoboHockey project to make an autonomous opponent for air hockey. Several of you requested that we let you know how it turned out. We...
4
4

Pretty cool networking idea for bots
I was just on Mouser and found this item. It's sort of pricey ($950), but would be a cool thing for experimenting with group robot interaction/cooperation, etc. I was not familiar with the Zigbee...
2
2

Know of any medium range drive systems for robot ?
I have found alot of small motors and gearboxes and alot of large expensive motors and gearboxes. The small controllers ($15) only do like 2 amps and the large controllers are like $300 the small...
19
19

books for beginners in autonomous robotics
you can get it from yahoo group-booksbybibin Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 5, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Begins First Interplanetary Layer-by-Layer Soil Analysis - sol 828-834, May 05, 2006: Spirit is healthy and continuing to make progress on the rover's winter campaign of scientific...
11
11

connectors?
Hi - I'm just curious - what do you all use for connectors? This is something I've never been able to find a good solution for. First of all - for general purpose connections I've been fairly happy...
8
8

Buying a new brain
Hi folks, I'm about to buy a new computer that's going to be the central brain of my new rover (mounted on an ATV). I've been out of the processor market for a while, so I don't know how's the...
9
9

Mars Exploration Rover Update - May 4, 2006
UPDATE: 'Victoria' in View - sol 804-810, May 04, 2006: Opportunity executed a three-sol examination of "Brookville" outcrop with tools on the robotic arm. This work included microscopic imaging, a...

plastic or composite versions of the 80/20 or Bosch t-slot type of extrusions ?
Anyone know of any plastic or composite versions of the 80/20 or Bosch t-slot type of extrusions ? Thanks !
3
3

what RTOSes have used on your robots ?
I'm wondering what RTOSes people have used on their robots and why ? I am looking into QNX and VxWorks, but mostly to get familiar with the RTOS itself. Currently I don't think I have a real need for...
1
1

Human Behavior Modeling with Ego-conception
Our laboratory is engaged into studying of behavioral mechanisms of human psychics, the principles of motivational hierarchy formation and its functional apparatus. The main goal of our work is...

FPGA boards - 48 hour offer
Hi, I wanted to let this group know that we currently have a 48 hour offer on FPGA boards and expansion modules at is an amazing 4-for-1 offer on expansion modules & bonues worth AU$151.00 and...
1
1

Do we need a better robotics internet site?
I was thinking about this, there are LOTS of robotics sites out there, and they all have their particular objectives. The problem is finding them. Is there a site that allows one to register their...
6
6

Walking gaits for 6 legged 18DOF robot?
Hi - I recently built a robot that employs 6 3-DOF legs for motion. I designed the hardware so that two motors serve essentially as a 2DOF ball joint at the base of the robot, while the third motor...
5
5