Subject Author Posted Replies

Question -- pros and cons of a realtime OS
I am writing a proposal, and while I have a few arguments on both sides, I'm curious, for completeness, what are your opinions. What are the pros and cons of "realtime" operating systems vs more...
4
4

camera link frame grabber
hello all! i have a query if any one can help me to solve it out. i have a cameralink framegrabber(CLFG) with single channel.with single channel , it can connect to only one camera.but i want to look...
4
4

RoboteQ controller
Having gained a little bit of experience with electronics, I must say that making things work may be frustrating sometimes. Not this time. I just got my Roboteq AX3500 (the open board version). It has...
2
2

ISO someone who can design a robotic tripod head.
Hi, My first post here. I have been looking all over for a gear head... a robotic or remote controlled tripod head that a 7-pound camera can be mounted on. I am not a techhie of any sort, so please...
4
4

April 19 Puns
Beedun: Demon. Supermancy: Demon poet. Pansy: Ocean.

Steam powered robots?
Guys, check this site out. I feel inspired... Crabfu SteamWorks, World of steam powered robots by artist / animator I-Wei Huang. Real model steampunk rc machines, steam toys, and kinetic contraptions
12
12

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 18, 2006
UPDATE: Hoppin' Toward 'Victoria' - sol 785-790, Apr 18, 2006: Opportunity is in a restricted planning mode this week due to each sol's downlink coming too late in the Earth day to allow planning of a...

Workshop on Morphologies Motion and Cognition - Last CFP with important update
********************************************************************* Morphologies, Motion and Cognition Workshop @ Alife X Last call for papers and demos (Check below for an important update...

Cheap robotics kits in UK
Hi I'm looking for a place to buy cheap robotic kits like line followers and light chasers.. Does anyone know of any online shops where I can purchase them at a reasonable cost? I would prefer...
1
1

PIC and NPN transistors
Hello, This will probably be one more of my newbie questions, but I'm stuck and don't know where to go. Here's my problem: What I'm trying to do: Control the flow of an R/C servo signal. There is one...
24
24

Simple assembly code example for handyboard needed!!
Hi, Could anyone provide me simple assembly code to interact with handyboard (68HC11)? An internet link for example will also help. I couldn't find useful code or detailed manual in ''. I'm new to...

where to get aluminium?
what site would you recommend to purchase aluminium? Dale
10
10

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 14, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Finally Reaches a Potential Winter Haven - sol 803-811, Apr 14, 2006: Spirit is basking in the sun, relatively speaking, on a 10.8-degree, north-facing slope in Gusev Crater on Mars....

hbridge motor driver IC's... samples?
any place I can get samples of motor driver IC's ? Rich
4
4

Heathkit Hero Brain Transplant
I have been looking at the Radio Shack discounted Vex robot and it occurred to me that it might make a possible "brain transplant" for the old Heathkit Hero I. So what do you think....do you think it...
16
16