Subject Author Posted Replies

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 18, 2006
UPDATE: Hoppin' Toward 'Victoria' - sol 785-790, Apr 18, 2006: Opportunity is in a restricted planning mode this week due to each sol's downlink coming too late in the Earth day to allow planning of a...

Workshop on Morphologies Motion and Cognition - Last CFP with important update
********************************************************************* Morphologies, Motion and Cognition Workshop @ Alife X Last call for papers and demos (Check below for an important update...

Cheap robotics kits in UK
Hi I'm looking for a place to buy cheap robotic kits like line followers and light chasers.. Does anyone know of any online shops where I can purchase them at a reasonable cost? I would prefer...
1
1

PIC and NPN transistors
Hello, This will probably be one more of my newbie questions, but I'm stuck and don't know where to go. Here's my problem: What I'm trying to do: Control the flow of an R/C servo signal. There is one...
24
24

Simple assembly code example for handyboard needed!!
Hi, Could anyone provide me simple assembly code to interact with handyboard (68HC11)? An internet link for example will also help. I couldn't find useful code or detailed manual in ''. I'm new to...

where to get aluminium?
what site would you recommend to purchase aluminium? Dale
10
10

Mars Exploration Rover Update - April 14, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Finally Reaches a Potential Winter Haven - sol 803-811, Apr 14, 2006: Spirit is basking in the sun, relatively speaking, on a 10.8-degree, north-facing slope in Gusev Crater on Mars....

hbridge motor driver IC's... samples?
any place I can get samples of motor driver IC's ? Rich
4
4

Heathkit Hero Brain Transplant
I have been looking at the Radio Shack discounted Vex robot and it occurred to me that it might make a possible "brain transplant" for the old Heathkit Hero I. So what do you think....do you think it...
16
16

Ship Ins - Open challenge - Streaming video
Thursday 9AM to 11AM, 4/27/06, we will again be streaming video from my UNI Physics "Introduction to Robotics" course. My students are building MarkIII Mini-Sumos, and this will be their second and...
5
5

anyone attached pulleys to "scooter wheels" ?
Has anyone attached pulleys to "scooter wheels" such as these from McMaster Carr ? Any problems ? Methods used ( mechanical/screws; glue; etc. ) 8823T35 or 8946T67 (on page 1236 of McMaster-Carr...
9
9

NASA Mars Rovers Head for New Sites After Studying Layers
EDIA RELATIONS OFFICE JET PROPULSION LABORATORY CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION PASADENA, CALIF. 91109 TELEPHONE (818) 354-5011 Webster (818) 354-6278...

wheels: do bearings necessarily rotate or just support ?
When we're talking about wheels and bearings, does it necessarily mean that a bearing rotates independent of the wheel ? ( That is my first impression because I think about "ball bearings" when I...
13
13

proportional speed dc motor control
Would something like this work? have any experience with this particular one? How about others they would recommend (in this price range or cheaper)? Thanks. Joe...
8
8

Soliciting papers on Epigenetic Robotics as part of 2006 Performance Metrics for Intelligent Systems (PerMIS) Workshop
PerMIS (See is being held at NIST in Gaithersburg, MD on August 21 - 23, 2000 in conjunction with the IEEE Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics Conference. The workshop considers issues of defining...