MINDSTORMS SDK for .NET

I found this:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/lego/default.aspx
If you like to program in VS2005 and like to get started on Lego Mindstorms,
microsoft is making available an SDK to work with C++, C#, VB and J# for free.
I believe MS also announced today that the Visual Studio Express promotion will be permanent (free forever). It seems like they want to conquer the sympathy of hobbyists.
Cheers
Padu
PS: I'm never played with Mindstorms, but I am developing all the high level code for my two robots using C#, and so far so good.
Great link, though I wonder if it will now or eventually work with the Mindstorms NXT platform. The old Mindstorms RIS platform is effectively dead, though there are still schools with a large investment in the hardware.
-- Gordon