Subject Author Posted Replies

Linux World in Boston
It looks like I may be manning a table at Linux World in Boston this year, anyone else going?

Serial Control Protocol
Hi all, I'm working on a new product that will have a serial control option and I've been looking into what application protocol to use. I found references to a serial control protocol used by the...
17
17

fanuc robot problem
hello all, i am new to this group. iam also thenew user of the fanuc Lrmate 100i with RJ2 mate controller. i want to make the communication of that robot to the laptop through rs232 port. if any one...

Dev tools for pocket pc 2002
Deception... I have a compaq ipaq 3635 that was laying around with no use. Now that I'm using 2005, I saw that you can develop apps for Pocket PC 2003, then I thought "why not?".... Well, after a...
4
4

RoboMontreal is having a logo design contest!
RoboMontreal is the first forum dedicated to robotics hobbyists in the Montreal area. The group is just getting started, and to help spread the word we're holding a logo design contest. The contest is...
2
2

Roboscout problems :-(
Hi, A friend of mine (who won her robotscout in a contest), gave me her roboscout, but it no longer works. It no longer charges and the back charging lights are never on. Does anyone know what might...

when to wire a stepper motor as Unipolar or Bipolar ?
Hello again. Assuming a stepper motor can be wired either way, what are typical reasons for wiring a stepper motor as Unipolar or Bipolar ? Thanks !
3
3

NetStick API / Networked Joystick
I have working, on a networked joystick system composed of a "joysender" and a "joyclient" class. Communication, currently, is from the sender to the client. The sender sends packets to the client. If...

LinuxPCRobot.org Source code
Changes to code has been moved to 's CVS repository. Velleman K8055 USB Data Acquisition card has replaced the K8000 I2C card. As part of the implementation of the K8055 interface, a usbdevice object...

RobotArm first project ever
Hi, I am studying electronic engineering and would like to do the following project: 1) make a computer aided design of a robotarm 2) build or buy the constructionparts that I have designed 3) buy...
20
20

First Streamed Mini Sumo Contest ever?
Tuesday morning my "Introduction to Robotics" Physics class at UNI will be running our first practice contest with identical Mark III's with the same software. (Might not be much "competition" but...
1
1

Experience with retro fitting robot?
Is this possible ? If yes: Do you have some links about it ? What are your experience?
1
1

Velleman 8055 vs Phidgets 8/8/8
Anyone saavy on both of these devices and can give a comparison? And an opinion? Then please feel free to express an opinion about price comparisons.
2
2

Kewl 4-legged walker
Link from slashdot: Boston Dynamics 4-legged walker; a little weird at first but very kewl.. --Click on the video; it's rather incredible. Sooo when can we get the kit?? :-)
2
2

Dog Food Bag Handling Method
This is the best advice I've heard so far in this thread. If you're buying the food from Wal Mart thats probably the best place for it. (I'm sorry I couldn't resist)
2
2