OT: article on JavaWorld by Gordon McComb ?

Gordon - I discovered an article on JavaWorld that really helped me out today. Are you the same Gordon McComb that writes articles on there ?
Just curious ! JCD
pogo wrote:

"Writes": No. "Wrote:" Yes. Some NINE years ago!
Frankly, I'm surprised any JavaScript code from that era still works.
-- Gordon

Wow - you are truly a renaissance man!
Well - the code *I* was looking for still works! I have a client who needs very complicated form validation and I used your suggestion of using the Submit() method instead of onSubmit() and it did the trick! onSubmit() was not working as expected.
Thanks for the blast from the past! JCD
pogo wrote:

Understatement. Do a search on *ALL* of the books that Gordon has written.

dan michaels wrote:

Dan, A Web search won't find them "all." Like the one I wrote for Testor's on building plastic models. But hopefully some of these books have provided needed help.
I've noted this before, but thought this would be a good time to repeat it: I'm semi-retired from book writing, and in fact the latest (third) edition of Robot Builder's Bonanza was written by another author. I had zero input on it. I've not even seen a printed copy yet.
Instead I'm working on other interests, including a top-secret project I'm working on that's better than books. I'm beefing up my robot page at http://www.robotoid.com /. The revised version of the site is still in progress, and I'd like to invite link requests and short articles for inclusion on the site. (I have a section called User-to-User for people to share their robots and ideas.)
One thing I am not going to do is a YARF (Yet Another Robot Forum). I figure besides CRM we have enough of these already.
-- Gordon
Gordon McComb wrote:

Top secret! I guess.
Most of those pages vectoring off the homepage on robotoid.com are empty. Darn ;-).
I'm beefing up my robot page at

I did. That's a bunch of books!