Gordon mccomb

Gordon mccomb is one great man he made the best selling robotics book robot builders bonanza, which in my opinion is the best robotics book out there. He did many
technical books that I found very interesting and educational.
When I first got into robotics I picked up his book at borders not knowing which books were good, I read the first chapter and it interested me so I bought it and read the whole book, and my knowledge of robotics was at amateur level, after reading then I started collecting robotics books, I have 42 so far and counting and robot builders bonanza is the best book in my collection.
All I have to say is Gordon mccomb is my favorite author I have a question what do you do besides robotics?
RoboticInfo wrote:

I appreciate the kind words!
My main source of income is consulting, and my primary client is Technicolor. I do R&D on various media-related technologies. (And no, I can't say what they are; Deluxe and Ascent Media might be reading! <g>) For fun, I also run (with my family) a very small hobby robotics biz, Budget Robotics.
-- Gordon
RoboticInfo wrote:

My feelings as well. Thanks Gordon!

He is too modest to mention it, but he has plenty of other books. Check out: http://snipurl.com/o0z8
Mitch
Gorden is way too modest. He has sparked the imagination of a lot of invertors and robot builders alike. Check out is book Gadgeteer's Goldmine for a lot of great projects.

So Gordon you working on any new robots that won't be sold on your online business?
Dennis wrote:

Agreed. Gordon's _Robot Builder's Bonanza_ was my main inspiration for robotics. -- D. Jay Newman http://enerd.ws/robots / Author of _Linux Robotics_
Agreed, Gordon is defintely one of the better hobby robotics guys out there, glad to see you're in this group Gordon! :) I have purchased a few expanded PVC bases (big fan of these for quick builds), some brackets, and servo foam wheels from him, everything was top quality. When I had a problem with my order - his supplier discontinued rubber belts used for wheels - he took care of it in no time, spoke with him personally when I called customer support. Everyone should check out budgetRobotics, the hardware and prefabbed bases will get you up in running in no time.
So Gordon, when can we expect an update to that free projects section, eh? ;)
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Why I oughtta... <g>
The generic Budget Robotics projects are moving to a single repository. In order to foster more of a community feel I'm moving material off the Budget Robotics site, as it is (after all) a commercial venture.
For the past month or so I've been working on the redesign of what was my old book support site, which will serve as the central point for some interesting things I'm working on, in addition to reprints of some older material, and the aforementioned projects. It's slow going, but what I have so far is here:
http://www.robotoid.com /
I did a couple of reference articles in The Vault. It takes just &forever& to process the images, lay out the pages, upload the pages, fix the pages, reupload the pages...
-- Gordon
Gordon McComb wrote:

Is it that one of the pages needs fixing, or just a Freudian slip:
    Robot Builder's Bonanza     3rd Edition
    How off the press!
How did they get it off the press without you? :)
Ed
Ed Okerson wrote:

I like Victoria's Secret slips better. <g>
Anyway, thanks for the catch. Fixed now. (At least I know someone visited!)
-- Gordon
Gordon, a lot of more people go to your website then you think.
You are the most popular robotics author in the world.