Question for Gordon Mccomb

In you book robot builder's bonanza 2nd edition, you make a Ir reciever using the BasicX-24. Would it still work if I went with the cheaper BasicX-35?

Since it has the same software ase the BasicX-24.

Reply to
Robo1

It's been a long time since I used the BasicX chips. I'm not sure where they are at, firmware wise. I never used the BX-35, so I don't know if the code will work or not. However, their Web site says it is software compatible.

Is the BX-35 really that much cheaper? It needs a crystal, some EEPROM, and a voltage regulator, all of which are already on the BX-24. The savings might be $10 or so in the end, and you still need to build a board for everything. I think the BX-35 is cheaper if you designing your own board. The BX-35 also has more available ports, obviously.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Thank's I usually don't use the BasicX, I usually use the PIC, and the

8051.

Just wanted to try that stamp.

Reply to
Robo1

Your new book need's to come out sooner, it said the release date was december something and know it is in june????????????

Reply to
Robo1

Your new book need's to come out sooner, it said the release date was december something and know it is in june????????????

Reply to
Robo1

Your new book need's to come out faster, it said it was coming out in december something and now it is may. The new date is june something but is that going to change to???????

Reply to
Robo1

Your new book need's to come out faster, it said it was coming out in december something and now it is may. The new date is june something but is that going to change to???????

Reply to
Robo1

You reposted this message a couple of times. You might want to look at your news posting program.

Elsewhere here I noted I am not doing the revision. Another author is redoing the book, and I am moving on to other opportunities. I have no new books planned.

I have no idea when the publication date is. You really can't go by anything Amazon or Barnes & Noble has on their sites, as the information tends to be out of date anyway.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

that book was really great, im glad i found it at barnes and nobel, it was the first book i read and it got me intrested in robots

Reply to
MR Robot

You were a really good author on robotic's, God gave you a talent to help other's you shouldn't throw your abilty to educate people on robotics.

Reply to
Robo1

Thanks for the compliment. But I'm not throwing anything away. Currently, I have plans in the robotics field other than books. Instructional videos, for example. Several interesting things in the works.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

That sound's cool are they going to be on your online bussiness?

Reply to
Robo1