Looking for a good source for mechanical components

Building a robot, have the wheels, motors which are surplus , etc but need to locate the needed gears, couplers etc to complete the geartrain. Are
they any good used sources out there...this is a budget project.
Thanks Daryl
www.allelectronics.com www.jameco.com www.bgmicro.com www.smallparts.com www.servocity.com your local RC hobby shop may have a lot of useful stuff too.

daryl wilde wrote:

You need to indicate the scale. Earl's links are the favorites for smaller desktop-size robots, but all of them have scant offerings for heavy-duty drive trains.
What is the size of the robot you are using? Since you have the motors and wheels, what size of couplers and gears are you looking for?
-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases (Forthcoming) Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza
the size will be around 24" in diamater and it willbe no more then 3 ft tall. estimate it will be 80 to 100 lbs when done. Same size as an R2D2. It will run from a laptop initiallyand then use an EPIA motherboard, etc.
The motors are the 12V variety from Diverse Electronics and it will use wheels that are 8 or 10 " in diamter. Need large gears for the wheels, smaller ones for the motor shaft, and for the arm. Also neeed chain. If you have ever seen the LAZLO from theonespot.com it will give you an idea of what I am doing.

need
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------D61A1D403BAEA4C58F1F75C9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I always have good luck with the super reliable wheelchair motors and wheel combos I get on ebay
daryl wilde wrote:

fn:Steve Vorres end:vcard
--------------D61A1D403BAEA4C58F1F75C9--