EPICPlus programmer and PIC 18F452 problem

This is the first time I have tried to program a set of three PIC 18F452 I recently purchased and I can not get a simple LED flasher to work.

The PIC BASIC Pro code works fine with a PIC 16F628.

The code downloads and is verfied ok on the 452 using the latest version of EPICWin with the EPIC Plus programmer.

I believe my problem has to do with the settings within the EPIC programming software. I found a reference to the need to erase the 452 before programming, but I am not sure of any other settings.

The clock source is a 20Mhz crystal.

I am hoping that someone could tell me what the minimum settings would be... actually any help would be great!

Thanks - Marty

Reply to
Marty Vezina

Marty,

Do you have the MCLR pin pulled up to +5v via a 5K ohm resister? The

16F628 dosen't need one becuse you can reset the funtion of that pin. But evein the newer big chips still need the MCLR set high to allow the chip to run, just like the old 16F84

- Edward Rupp

Reply to
Edward Rupp

Hi Edward,