Computer interface for remote control mini cars

Hi! I like a simple interface, preferably via USB or Serial port to control my mini rc car. I understand LEGO has things, but I think
this can be done very SIMPLY. The controls on the RC hand control are 4 buttons, forward, backward, right left. I just need to interface to the hand controller and send these 4 bits? Anyone know of a good simple way to this.
Thanks in advance... Ben
On 1 Nov 2003 11:05:29 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Pie) wrote:

If the push buttons are individual simple single contact buttons, then a couple of transistors and resistors connected to the parallel port could probably do the trick. If the buttons happen to be rocker switches or have more than one set of contacts, then it might be a little more complex. You could test by seeing if a simple jumper around the switch contact gets the desired action.