Subject Author Posted Replies

USB Mouse information
I'm pulling my hair out..... I've search google for days I have been using a ball PS2/USB mouse as my dual motor encoder. When connected to the PS/2 port, I can put the mouse in "disable report" mode,...
1
1

omniwheel?
Hi everyone, Please don't you know where is possible to buy some omniwheel or swedish wheel for mobile robots? I prefer Europe region but if it would be in USA it's ok as well. I need it for my...
8
8

VEX Robotics sprocket & chain problem
Does anyone know how to shorten one of these chains? I am building a small robot (less than 22 cm diameter) and am also limited in height (22 cm.) I'd live to use a sprocket and chain but would have...
3
3

mechanical pieces
I'm wanting to build a pulley system controlled by servos. Is there a good website that sells various (and medium to small) mechanical robotic pieces: springs, pulleys, mounts, elastic bands, wire...
4
4

lynx 6 programming
I want to write a program fof the lynx 6 robotic arm which will allow it to carry a small object in a straight line for 10cm, i wanted to use C but any working program will do. The controller I will...

Low resolution motor control
Here is an interesting problem, at least I think so, at "cruising speed," or there abouts, my PID algorithm works fine. At really slow "creeping speeds" the encoder resolution and wheel gearing...
16
16

CNC Robotic Coffee Machine (was Re: google video, superautomatic)
I've taken the liberty of crossposting this to and comp.robotics.misc under a title that is more descriptive to someone who isn't a coffee geek--it's on topic for all three groups and I felt that it...

Sheet Metal Bending tools
Hello, I have noticed some cheap sheet metal bending brakes for less than $200 floating around. Does anyone have any advice/experience with cheap (a few hundred bucks) tools for cutting and bending...
3
3

Why did my drive blow up?
My first attempt at building a high-current H-bridge failed miserably. I was trying to drive a pair of windshield wiper motors on a robot with a new H-bridge that I built using discrete MOSFETs...
10
10

Homebuilt CO2 laser cutter
Hi all, The Blake Laser website is now back up again. It has a picture of the homebuilt CO2 laser cutter that we built in our garage. We're now also offering an instantly downloadable PDF file with 25...
9
9

USB - Parallel port ATMEL flash uc programmer
hey guys, i recently wanted to program an atmel 89s52 uc, so i sifted through my electronic junk and found one i had built in college. However this one was to be used with a parallel port and my new...
3
3

Building a Robot with Aluminum
We are in the fortunate situation to have been given access to a shop with MANY aluminum dropoffs for a period of time. During this time, we can have any of the 6061 dropoffs that range from circular...
19
19

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - February 24, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Races Against Time and Dwindling Sunlight - sol 758-763, Feb 24, 2006: In a race to collect as much scientific data as possible before the onset of Martian winter, Spirit climbed to the...
1
1

Linux Network Joystick interface
I am working on a joystick interface for my robot. It will use a standard USB joystick (cheap $) and communicate with the target program via TCP/IP. It will have keepalive messages and a deadman...
8
8

DVD Rental Machine
Hello guys, I am thinking of manufacturing DVD Vending Machine (DVD Automated Rental Kiosk). For example: would you recommend me, what mechanics to use to make it cheap? What concept? I thing best...
9
9