First Streamed Mini Sumo Contest ever?

Tuesday morning my "Introduction to Robotics" Physics class at UNI will be running our first practice contest with identical Mark III's with the same software. (Might not be much "competition" but eight similarly match sumos should make for interesting match dynamics.

I thought we'd stream the video, for practice for our final contest at the end of the course when the students have been allowed to customize their sumos. Anyway, if we're streaming, there's no reason anyone out there can't "attend my class" that day and watch the competition.

Tuesday morning, 3/7/06. Class starts around 8:30AM, but we will probably need an hour or so to set up, so 9:30 to 10AM CST, and will be over before 10:50.

So

1) I'm wondering if this would be the first time a Mini Sumo contest would have been streamed, and

2) if anybody on our list would be interested in watching it if I could get it arranged?

More info when I can get it. I should have a post when I know the URL, but in the meantime, there should be a link here

if I can get it all arranged.

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Looks like we're going to do it. Please visit if you can.

At the end of the course, we'll have another contest. We're considering an open one as well, where you could ship in your Mini-Sumo to compete. Please give me feedback on this idea, if it is interesting, if you would consider competing with the college students?

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse