Mini Sumo Contest - Open - Ship-IN at UNI April 26th

Hi Guys,

We're on again for another year! Last year we had one Ship-In plus our students. Our students showed them to be fairly tough competitors, and now they've got big heads. About half a dozen are planning to come back and win again. Please, this year, all you guys who thought about entering should actually enter!

What better example of showing your robots have matured, than you send them off to compete in a contest on their own, and then watch the Live Webcast as they "duke it out" with other robots from across the country (or the world?). Last year, we had over a hundred live viewers including a dozen different countries looking on. The room is beautiful, and the video production quite professional. So this really has the potential of growing into a very significant robot event.

So get ready and send in those challengers. Remember, there's a cap on how many competitors will be accepted (12) so enter as soon as you can.

Following below are details from the sponsor.

Randy

We have reserved the Great Reading Room in Seerley Hall for 8 am to Noon, Thursday, April 26, for the "Second UNI Mini-Sumo Robotics Challenge." [This was where we held the event last year.] Updating what we sent out last year:

The 2007 Mini-Sumo Robotics Challenge--hosted by the University of Northern Iowa Physics Department

  1. The Second UNI Mini-Sumo Robotics Challenge will accept a maximum of 12 robots from outside UNI for the April 26 event. Those wishing to enter should e-mail Cliff Chancey at snipped-for-privacy@uni.edu. He will validate their entry within 24 hours, or let them know that the challengers have already been selected. Those selected will receive shipping information.

  1. There will be a entry fee. Checks or money orders should be made out to "UNI Physics Department" and included in the submission. (Covers return postage, etc.)

  2. The UNI Physics Dept. will return-mail each of the 12 challenger robots to their owners using the packing materials that the robots arrived with, where possible. The Department will make a good faith effort to return all robots in operating condition but we cannot guarantee this. We will use proper carriers (US Postal Service, Fedex, or similar) but this is the extent of our promise. Challengers must accept the normal risks of shipping sensitive equipment.
Reply to
RMDumse