Subject Author Posted Replies

Linux Network Joystick interface
I am working on a joystick interface for my robot. It will use a standard USB joystick (cheap $) and communicate with the target program via TCP/IP. It will have keepalive messages and a deadman...
8
8

DVD Rental Machine
Hello guys, I am thinking of manufacturing DVD Vending Machine (DVD Automated Rental Kiosk). For example: would you recommend me, what mechanics to use to make it cheap? What concept? I thing best...
9
9

Simultaneous IR Object Detection and IR Control?
I am planning to build a robot that uses a Sharp GP2D120 for IR object detection. I would also like to control it using a VCR remote control and the Sony IR protocol. Is there any way of doing this...
6
6

F.S.-mindstorms2.0(not ebay)
Everything new except the box and flat paper map-1 project made with it. Most parts never used. Tower,software CD, programmable brick etc. USPS money order Only. 75$.+ 5.00 shipping. E-mail me if...
2
2

12v vs. 24v Globe gear motors running at 12vdc: what's different ?
I have noticed that when ordering some gear motors such as those from Globe, than you can specify whether it is for 12vdc or 24vdc, with everything else being the same. What exactly is the difference...
4
4

Handy board Question
This is not an in the Book question. I checked. I would like to go directly from the RJ11 handyboard (HB) conection to USB. I have figured out the equvialent wiring for the HB for USB. (TX=D+, RX=D-,...
1
1

The SIFT visual recognition algorithm
Thank you for your recent posts bringing this research to our attention. It's pretty interesting. Chris
1
1

More Visual Recognition and the SIFT algorithm
Ok. I guess I generated enough excitment as I have gotten enough email asking for more info. First, I would recommend getting on the HomeBrewed Robotics Club mailing list. You can sign up at The...

Need help with PIC and servo
I found the post from "Eriswerks" in this group on February 12th that described my problem exactly: my Futaba 3004 servo turns clockwise 90-180 degrees when pulsed by my PIC 16F84A (code attached...
6
6

stepper driving problem!
So I've designed a translater using basic 74 series ttl gates. I've designed both a half and full step translater. I finished soldering together the parts and i tested out the four outputs and the...
1
1

Stepper Motor Identification
Hello all, I am wondering if any of you would be able to help me. I am working on a project and require a few stepper motors, and I get them at an electronic shop that gets there parts in a box from...
1
1

Battery based DC motors
I am looking into building a motor controlled lift. I need it to be portable. The motor I have in mind may draw 30 Amps under full load. I have read that a voltage boost regulator is a good thing to...
5
5

Visual recognition and the SIFT algorithm
Last night at the HomeBrew Robotics Club ( here in the Silicon Valley, 4 of our members put on an amazing demonstration of visual recognition using Lowe's SIFT algorithm. How they were able to put on...
8
8

Competition: Programing waste eater Nanobots
the robots are virtual, but the 10K prize is not. Unrust your assembler skills. Short deadline, so if you want to participate do it soon. Cheers Padu PS: I have nothing to do with Symantec, other than...
13
13

A practical robotic application?
Given the level of technology available today, what is a practical robotic application? Is Roomba the best possible? Oh, I don't know, maybe someday somebody will invent a robot that performs repetive...
15
15