Subject Author Posted Replies

Sheet Metal Bending tools
Hello, I have noticed some cheap sheet metal bending brakes for less than $200 floating around. Does anyone have any advice/experience with cheap (a few hundred bucks) tools for cutting and bending...
3
3

Why did my drive blow up?
My first attempt at building a high-current H-bridge failed miserably. I was trying to drive a pair of windshield wiper motors on a robot with a new H-bridge that I built using discrete MOSFETs...
10
10

Homebuilt CO2 laser cutter
Hi all, The Blake Laser website is now back up again. It has a picture of the homebuilt CO2 laser cutter that we built in our garage. We're now also offering an instantly downloadable PDF file with 25...
9
9

USB - Parallel port ATMEL flash uc programmer
hey guys, i recently wanted to program an atmel 89s52 uc, so i sifted through my electronic junk and found one i had built in college. However this one was to be used with a parallel port and my new...
3
3

Building a Robot with Aluminum
We are in the fortunate situation to have been given access to a shop with MANY aluminum dropoffs for a period of time. During this time, we can have any of the 6061 dropoffs that range from circular...
19
19

Mars Exploration Rovers Update - February 24, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit Races Against Time and Dwindling Sunlight - sol 758-763, Feb 24, 2006: In a race to collect as much scientific data as possible before the onset of Martian winter, Spirit climbed to the...
1
1

Linux Network Joystick interface
I'm intrigued : ) It it wired or wireless ?
8
8

DVD Rental Machine
I would recommend that you find another business idea. Someone else is already doing this. They already have it implemented and working in the real world. You haven't even started designing your...
9
9

Simultaneous IR Object Detection and IR Control?
Decode all the characters on the Sony remote. Find a unique character that's not on the remote. Transmit the unique character from your IR LED (used to detect objects)with some time between the...
6
6

F.S.-mindstorms2.0(not ebay)
Ok-No bites on this-Now 50$ + 5$ shipping. A christmas present I didnt want or need. Thanks, Marl
2
2

12v vs. 24v Globe gear motors running at 12vdc: what's different ?
The wire in the windings for the 24 volt motor is thinner but longer. The cross sectional area of the wire is half as much, but it is twice the length, so you get double the number of turns. The total...
4
4

Handy board Question
Hi Check out the HB discussion group. Cheers |-] Dale
1
1

The SIFT visual recognition algorithm
1
1

More Visual Recognition and the SIFT algorithm
Ok. I guess I generated enough excitment as I have gotten enough email asking for more info. First, I would recommend getting on the HomeBrewed Robotics Club mailing list. You can sign up at The...

Need help with PIC and servo
I found the post from "Eriswerks" in this group on February 12th that described my problem exactly: my Futaba 3004 servo turns clockwise 90-180 degrees when pulsed by my PIC 16F84A (code attached...
6
6