Subject Author Posted Replies

stepper driving problem!
So I've designed a translater using basic 74 series ttl gates. I've designed both a half and full step translater. I finished soldering together the parts and i tested out the four outputs and the...
1
1

Stepper Motor Identification
Hello all, I am wondering if any of you would be able to help me. I am working on a project and require a few stepper motors, and I get them at an electronic shop that gets there parts in a box from...
1
1

Battery based DC motors
I am looking into building a motor controlled lift. I need it to be portable. The motor I have in mind may draw 30 Amps under full load. I have read that a voltage boost regulator is a good thing to...
5
5

Visual recognition and the SIFT algorithm
Last night at the HomeBrew Robotics Club ( here in the Silicon Valley, 4 of our members put on an amazing demonstration of visual recognition using Lowe's SIFT algorithm. How they were able to put on...
8
8

Competition: Programing waste eater Nanobots
the robots are virtual, but the 10K prize is not. Unrust your assembler skills. Short deadline, so if you want to participate do it soon. Cheers Padu PS: I have nothing to do with Symantec, other than...
13
13

A practical robotic application?
Given the level of technology available today, what is a practical robotic application? Is Roomba the best possible?
15
15

PC vs PIC/Embedded robotics
I don't know how I can start this discussion without people getting pissed, but... It is just a premise, a topic of conversation, you are expected to disagree on some level and/or agree on some level....
4
4

AD: Speech Synthesizer and Video IC's
SP0256-AL2 Speech IC SV1000 Video IC SV2000 Video IC Magnevation SpeakJet IC TTS256 TTS Companion chip for SpeakJet *** NEW ITEM *** Tigerbotics SpeakJet Development Board The Tigerbotics Speech...
1
1

8051 basics and interfacing examples
check 8051 basics and interfacing examples http://www.freewebs.com/maheshwankhede/

help identifying chip
Greetings, I've a cheap motion detector (the kind one can add to a flood light to make it go on when someone walks by). I'd like to use bits of it for detecting motion with my 'bot, but cannot...

Autonomous ATV
"John Nagle" wrote Hi John, I'm very happy you could respond to my post, since my project is very similar to yours and you have certainly gone through the problems I'm having and the ones that I will...
6
6

Transformers
Just a television show once......

Vendors for CMUcam
:R Pradeep Chandran wrote: :> Hi All, :> I am looking for a vendor for CMUcam who can ship the product to :> India. I tried contacting seattle robotics and acroname. I have not :You can try Parallax,...
2
2

Newbye electronics question
Hi all Just a simple question from a electronics newbye. I was wondering if is possible to harm anything if I have been running too many things off one voltage regulator for a long time, other than...
3
3

opinions on "Easy Step'n" book ?
I've seen this book advertized for a few years now, but never have gotten it. Anyone have an opinion on it ? "Easy Step'n", An Introduction to Stepper Motors for the Experimenter" Thanks.
5
5