Subject Author Posted Replies

PC vs PIC/Embedded robotics
I don't know how I can start this discussion without people getting pissed, but... It is just a premise, a topic of conversation, you are expected to disagree on some level and/or agree on some level....
4
4

AD: Speech Synthesizer and Video IC's
SP0256-AL2 Speech IC SV1000 Video IC SV2000 Video IC Magnevation SpeakJet IC TTS256 TTS Companion chip for SpeakJet *** NEW ITEM *** Tigerbotics SpeakJet Development Board The Tigerbotics Speech...
1
1

8051 basics and interfacing examples
check 8051 basics and interfacing examples http://www.freewebs.com/maheshwankhede/

help identifying chip
Greetings, I've a cheap motion detector (the kind one can add to a flood light to make it go on when someone walks by). I'd like to use bits of it for detecting motion with my 'bot, but cannot...

Autonomous ATV
Hi, for those of you who don't know the projects I'm involved, I'm working on two robots: Koli and Yaboo. Koli is based on a RC car platform and is well advanced (halfway on developing the...
6
6

Transformers
Just a television show once......

Vendors for CMUcam
Hi All, I am looking for a vendor for CMUcam who can ship the product to India. I tried contacting seattle robotics and acroname. I have not received any reply. If the vendor has other parts like...
2
2

Newbye electronics question
Hi all Just a simple question from a electronics newbye. I was wondering if is possible to harm anything if I have been running too many things off one voltage regulator for a long time, other than...
3
3

opinions on "Easy Step'n" book ?
I've seen this book advertized for a few years now, but never have gotten it. Anyone have an opinion on it ? "Easy Step'n", An Introduction to Stepper Motors for the Experimenter" Thanks. get a...
5
5

Summer Project
Can anyone give me details regarding where small summer projects on Robotics are available, like colleges or universities. Especially in India.

Robot Videos as Streaming !!!
Hi, this page there are several robot videos I created that include: 1) Vision-Based Autonomous Self-Docking and Recharging. 2) PDA-based Telerobotic Control and Door Recognition. 3) Human-Robot...

K8055 Code available via CVS
OK, it is posted and ready for some beta testers is the code for libk8055 for Linux. While there are a couple other libraries out this, IMHO this one is cleaner and more flexable. It is being made...

Workshop @ AlifeX on Morphologies, Motion and Cognition

K8055 After writing some code
Well, I have been (in my painfully limited) spare time, I managed to write some Linux interface code for it, and it will soon be up on wither or Some interesting issues, the digital input buttons are...

rails and wheels
can anyone suggest me a way to keep a 50lb robot on rail track at 40mph without skidding or derailing........ any suggestions on type of track/rail/wheels is appreciated. What scale are we working in...
8
8