Subject Author Posted Replies

Summer Project
Can anyone give me details regarding where small summer projects on Robotics are available, like colleges or universities. Especially in India.

Robot Videos as Streaming !!!
Hi, this page there are several robot videos I created that include: 1) Vision-Based Autonomous Self-Docking and Recharging. 2) PDA-based Telerobotic Control and Door Recognition. 3) Human-Robot...

K8055 Code available via CVS
OK, it is posted and ready for some beta testers is the code for libk8055 for Linux. While there are a couple other libraries out this, IMHO this one is cleaner and more flexable. It is being made...

Workshop @ AlifeX on Morphologies, Motion and Cognition
********************************************************************* ....................Call for papers and demos........................ ..............Motion, Morphologies and...

K8055 After writing some code
Well, I have been (in my painfully limited) spare time, I managed to write some Linux interface code for it, and it will soon be up on wither or Some interesting issues, the digital input buttons are...

rails and wheels
Thank you for your reply.. Robot is light weight and only 24" wide, so I cannot use the standard 4'8.5" gauge. I have to design my own gauge, rail profile and wheels. Its going to be a straight track...
8
8

Linearity of DC motors is becoming a cause of concern.
mlw escreveu: that they're not linear at all torque is directly related to Yes, but not linearly. don't forget friction. Back EMF is directly related to rotational speed. Bank on it. yes, and it goes...
13
13

Teachmover robot arm
I've listed a robot arm on ebay in order to finance my new, as of yet un-named robot. If you've been wanting a robot arm that will easily interface with a pc serial port to program to play chess or...

RC Servo help
Thanks for all the replys. The servo's are being controlled by an AVR micro programmed with the excellent BASCOM language (demo version). 6V supply to servos then through a 5V regulator for the logic...
10
10

Velleman K8055 - First Look
I went to "You Do It Electronics," the closest thing the Boston area has to a Fry's, and found that they had them. Fortunately, they had them marked incorrectly on their website, $29.90 rather than...
2
2

robotics newbie...
Hi all, I am completely new to this field. Can you please suggest some starting points?? I am well versed in C, embedded systems and microcontrollers. Just need some initial point to start off. Please...
2
2

C# for higher level robotics?
I think the issue is speed, and this comes down to how you write the algorithms. C# makes it very, very easy to access GDI+ functions, and you always have the option of using unmanaged calls to...
10
10

Pololu Micro Serial Servo Controller
Hi, I've got two servos making a camera pan and tilt controlled by the pololu micro serial servo controller in minissc mode and i have written a program with up, down, left, right buttons to move the...
4
4

How to survive a robot uprising
Yesterdays new york times reviewed this book. February 14, 2006 Scientist at Play | Daniel Wilson If Robots Ever Get Too Smart, He'll Know How to Stop Them By CORNELIA DEAN In the movie "I, Robot,"...
3
3

difference between "industrial" servo motors and RC servo motors ?
What is the difference between "industrial" servo motors and RC servo motors ? A vendor on eBay recently told me that the industrial type are all continuous rotation. So what makes them a servo motor...
10
10