opinions on "Easy Step'n" book ?

I've seen this book advertized for a few years now, but never have gotten it. Anyone have an opinion on it ?
"Easy Step'n", An Introduction to Stepper Motors for the Experimenter"
Thanks.
get a stepper motor (take it out of a disk drive or printer)
look up stepper motors with Google,
and you will have tons of fun discovering for yourself how they work.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Except that if you actually want to use stepper motors and get the most out of them, there are some special considerations that need to be made.
It's not immediately evident to an amateur what the difference is between a resistive and a chopper drive. Or how to calculate torque and max speed for a stepper based on coil resistance, inductance, supply voltage, and drive method. Or what the benefits are of different coil schemes.
Such things can result in a difference of a few cents in a design, but twenty times the performance of a "guesstimated" solution.

Been there, done that, and will be doing it repeatedly.
But have you read the book? Got any opinions on the "Easy Step'n" book ?
Thanks!
no, haven't checked out easy step'n, but I read the ?easy pic'n? book and it was well written.
Rich

That's what I wanted to know. Thanks! I appreciate it.