K8055 After writing some code

Well, I have been (in my painfully limited) spare time, I managed to write some Linux interface code for it, and it will soon be up on wither mohawksoft.org or linuxpcrobot.org.

Some interesting issues, the digital input buttons are funky, you have to map non-sequential bits to 1,2,3,4,5.

on some systems, usb_bulk_[read|write] works, and on some it does not.

It seems that the system can only read/write all the data at once, this has two ramifications, (1) you have to keep all output saved because if you change one thing, you change everything. (2) This isn't all bad, because you can create a minor API under the Velleman API, that allows you to set all your values, and update all at once. Same for read, read once, parse out all the data.

Reply to
mlw