40% off at Ben Franklin...

I've been trying to track this down since it was first posted to RMR around Christmas. Nothing on their web site, and the local store knows nothing. Is there any place I can get information about this?

I'm right in the midst of helping a local Venture Scout group get started, and this would be a perfect thing to get them involved with. And a great outreach for NIRA to volunteer to staff.

Bob Kaplow

The thread is titled "...Ben Franklin..." and this message is about Michael's, so some folks might be confused. :*)

The Michael's website has been updated with a link on the main page to:

I am currently drafting a letter to send to the managers of the 17 stores local to LUNAR's area, offering help with the build sessions in the stores and launching the completed rockets.

After that, I'm going to contact the local Boy Scout councils to make sure they're aware of the program and offer the same kind of assistance.

Cheers, Craig Craig R. Saunders, crs at MaxThrust.net,

News and Information for model rockets and high-power rocketry

Reply to
Craig R. Saunders

Yes I should have started a new Michael's thread but the remarks were about 40% off for one week for Estes products at the Ben Franklin stores. I've been doing this (40-50% off) for several month's at MIchaels and the Scout offer was to good to pass up.

Sorry for the confusion to anyone.

As a side note. Michaels offered an Alpha III starter kit with pad, controller and 2 engines. This had a bonus rocket and 3 additional engines as a promotion included in that pkg. for $19.99. Since this was a regular price I was told they would honor their 50% off coupon for total of $10 for the entire pkg. They had 50 to 100 boxes so it wasn't just a little offer.

Estes users and Scouts should keep an eye out for bargains with the 40 &

50% coupons

Sorry again

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

how many in the troop?

Dou Pratt sells good kits dirt cheap, with good breaks for quantities as low as 5 kits

(left frame) -> rocket kits (left frame) -> price list

Doug can be reached at dad-at-pratthobbies.com

he was a big help with the Senator "Care Packages" in support of the Enzi initiative!

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I'd forgotten all about that. I was never allowed to pick a balloon because I was too young to even know what a banana split was. That didn't stop me from eyeing them and wondering what all the excitement was about. To this day, I've had one banana split in 41.5 years. We were more of dip cone and iceball family, with the occasional trip to the land of the root beer float.

Reply to
fishhead

Michaels probably has not heard about meta tags.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I'm well aware of Doug and Pratt Hobbies. Let's just say that Doug and I have been friends for longer than many (most?) RMR folks have been alive!

Bob Kaplow

True enough, fellow rocket geezer! I'm looking forward to some hang time with you and your ladies when you come out to NARAM.

Doug Pratt

Doug Pratt

Bob K. I posted the Rocket deal from Michaels on our MASA net after I saw the Scout offer in Michaels Sunday ad. One member went to our Eagen store. When he walked in he found a big display promoting the Scout offer with Estes. Upon checking with the store manager he was surprised to find he knew nothing about this or who was going to help with construction or flying. There may be a lack of follow through at many stores. A lost opportunity here.

Our group (MASA) like the Lunar group is trying to offer our services for both the building and including the Scouts in our Spring flying.

I'am not sure who started this a Michaels but there sure is a lack of communication with those who would benefit or those who could help.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch