40% off coupon from Michael's (+walmart)

Hello All,

I'd heard many folk talking about the 40% off coupon from Michael's and since this is a sale week I figured I would check it out. My first thought was wow, $49!! For a 24 pack! This is the most I'd seen a bulk back for, did some quick math in my head (factoring a 3 pack @ walmart as $4 brings the per engine savings to 0.03 each. Hardly seamed worth the extra travel time. (however after checking walmarts price is actually 4.99.. that brings the savings up to 0.38 +/- or (49*.60)+tax=31ish | 31/24=1.29 | 5/3=1.67 | Save:

9.12 (per 24)) this got me thinking how can we get walmart to carry bulk packs of engines? Based on the regular price of a three pack at Michaels walmart is about 40% cheaper, that would make for one great price at the end of the season :).

-cat

Reply to
cat

wish the wallmarts around me still carried rockets/motors

Reply to
BigRockets

If you wait until Michael's run's the 50% coupon you really see the savings. I try to buy two during this period!

Reply to
lovs2fly

Do you know if there is a Michaels in thePhilly area that carries rocket stuff? If so where? None of the ones I've been to do.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Michael's and

5/3=1.67 |

dont know about philly, Phil, King of Prussia has some, but out of stock at the moment, they just had model rocket builds and didnt have any motors for the scouts to buy

Reply to
BigRockets

Reply to
james hendricksen

Thanks - same as Philly to me - maybe better. I Figure Philly includes surrounding counties & South Jersey.

WHere is it in KOP?

Reply to
Phil Stein

I've gotten Bulk Packs from the one in Quakertown. The one at the Willow Grove Mall also has a small rocket section. Selection is VERY limited.

Bill Sullivan

'What are you so nervous about? We went up against the entire Earth Alliance, and two carrier groups.' 'Yeah, but this is the post office. This could get us in real trouble.'

- Garibaldi to Security Officer, Babylon 5

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Phil, Try the new one in NE Philly. It is at Grant and the Blvd. Next to Wal Mart!

Reply to
lovs2fly

The math is in the email, and i've stated that the bulk pack was priced @ 49

Reply to
cat

Thanks Dennis. I know right where that is.

Reply to
Phil Stein