Looking for site

Hello, glad to have found this group. I recently went to Lucerne to launch a couple of F and G powered rockets and found it to be far to
windy to safely launch. Is El Mirage calmer, wind wise?
Secondly, I noticed in one of the threads that there is a few for groups. Is there any fee or permit required to launch at El Mirage?
Thanks for any info you can give,
Ken
Wind varies from day to day. Some days there is zero wind at Lucerne Dry Lake.
Just like any spot on earth - you need to look at the weather reports. If it's going to rain in New Jersey, then you probably should not launch in New Jersey.
-Fred "what exit" Shecter NAR 20117
"Ken_4_6" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message

No, conditions are about the same both places. Go early and hope to get lucky.
Jerry
-Fred "what exit" Shecter NAR 20117 http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZshreadvector